Thread: Tent hunts
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2019, 05:35 PM

The more work you put in the more comfortable you’ll be. I’ve camped in November in a class A motorhome. It was November 10 and it got to -30. Had to start the generator to plug the motor in to get it to start. It was ok except for all the humidity. Wall tents with wood stoves are great for more than two or three guys two tents a kitchen dining area and a sleeping area. I’ve also wrapped my -35 sleeping bag in. Canvas tarp and slept under a spruce tree the tarp was an over sized bag that I put my down bag inside and it had another flap that could be treated out or tied up and acted as a bit of a shelter. I had a 2 inch foam mattress sewn into this. I was warm but getting up was brutal until a fire was going. And I’ve slept in the truck on several occasions.

If you’re going the wall tent route it takes time to set up and tear down better part of a day if you have any distance to and from the truck. But it is the driest and warmest option. Lots of work cutting wood too. Takes time away from the hunt.

BW