View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNAPFisher View Post
Really? It says daily on it. I'm sure it is a cumulative for the day - as in number of salmon counted per each day. And then they show cumulative overall. As it says, sockeye are calculated (guestimated).

To make a meaning, run it for the say the previous 2 years 2018 and 2017 to see what it means to you then. Excel is a great cut and paste tool if you want to compare what is happening daily.

That is a how I understand it after reading it.
If it was cumulative all the numbers would be whole numbers... The explanation at front even refers to the numbers as "calculated indices". You live up to your name with posts like this...

biggyJ, I don't see a clear explanation anywhere either. I was thinking maybe hourly average but that doesn't make sense either unless they are taking into account if soak times aren't exactly 1 hr.

I downloaded all the data from 2011 till now and ran it through paces in excel. 2019 had a very poor sockeye return(only 2013 was worse), coho return is average so far, pink return was just below average, chum just above average, chinook below average, steelhead may be the worst year during this period(2017 was similar).