View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 08:25 PM
Banned

Here's a couple of my snare sets if you fellas would care to critique them. All advice is welcomed.

This one is along the perimeter of an approx 2 acre cops of thick willow in a low spot in a field. I have an 8' extension that is attached to the tree about 6' up just above where the picture is cut off. The only thing that I did at this location, besides placing the snare, was put a branch under the snare so the yote would lift his head. I caught a coyote at this exact spot a week ago:

This location was more open so I had to add a few branches to stop the coyotes from stepping around the snare. I prefer to place my snares more concealed by brush or tall grass and where it naturally funnels but it was starting to get dark and I wanted to get a few more snares up quickly. My extension is high up on the tree and I think that I didn't get it in the picture again. It's about 25 yards from the bait site and I can visually check it right from the bait site. The snow tomorrow will take care of my footprints.