Thread: Worldviews
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Banned

One more comment and i am done but i will watch from the sidelines. I find debating religion to be a very interesting exercise although at the same time very frustrating. I find that when you point out a fact to people and they do not have an answer they fall back on the old "cause God says so" schtick. In the interests of debate lets not use this anymore. You can not prove that oral tradition written 75 years after JCs death were divinely inspired any more that I can disprove it. So lets stick to facts. Just because you believe it to be so is not evidence. So in the words of Mr Friday "The facts, nothing but the facts"

See the trouble is that without faith there is no basis for your faith. Circular logic at best.

I will not change your mind and you have no idea what my beliefs are and would not be able to change my mind even if you did but this is a debate. Debates are great mental exercise and fun. But please, lets just debate with facts and wit, not majic tricks and divine writing? Thats kooky. Like Joseph Smith kooky.