View Single Post
Old 05-12-2018, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Hmmmmm, I wonder why it's so popular? I think it's probably because a lot of people who are professionals in the sport of shooting can't say enough good things about it.

I get it though, some people figure if it worked for them once then it's all they ever need.
Marketing sells, the Creedmoor was marketed very well, and quality factory loads were made available. Many people want to shoot what the pros shoot, or what is trendy, and being both, made the Creedmoor a quick seller. Yes it performs well, as does the 6.5x47L, but the 6.5x47L was not marketed like the Creedmoor, so it didn't become popular. The Creedmoor leaves more room for the bullet in an AR magazine than the 260rem, but most hunters are not using AR magazines, so they really wouldn't see any significant difference between a 260rem, a 6.5 Creedmoor, or the 6.5x47L. Accuracy wise, or recoil wise, the average shooter would never see a difference between the three cartridges. And for the people that purchase a Tikka in 6.5 Creedmoor, the 6.5x55 produces slightly more velocity , has the same action length, and again, the average shooter will not notice any difference. I have heard several people that know little to nothing about ballistics proclaim that they are purchasing a 6.5 Creedmoor, and they are doing so because of marketing. It's no different than with the 300WSM vs the 300SAUM, the 300WSM was marketed much better than the SAUM, so it sold much better.