View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 08:53 AM

Default Still looking for a hunting partner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkm90 View Post
I am 27 and looking for hunting partners in the Calgary area. I've got a truck and all the necessary gear for backcountry hunts by foot. I've got a bunch of experience in the bush from both my personal life and some time spent in the military. I've mostly hunted deer in the past so would like to try for some other game. I'd like to meet people who are interested in spot and stalk bear hunting this spring -- I will be heading out this weekend to see what I can find.

I also really enjoy climbing & mountaineering so it would be great to go for a sheep this year. This fall I'll also be hunting elk and deer. Although I am really interested in big game, I'd love to give waterfowl a try.

Ultimately I am pretty open to hunting anything. I am employed, in a long term relationship, and a stable person. I'm not looking to argue over politics or get involved with any gun activism... I just want to get outside, enjoy the mountains, camp, maybe do a little fishing, and fill the freezer.

Feel free to get in touch if you're interested in making a plan and we'll see if we can set something up.

Thanks!
Hey Jkm90 you still looking for a hunting partner? I tried to PM you but I don't think it worked. I am 25 and live just south of Calgary. I have hunted since I was old enough to do so, Mostly just west of the city, but its getting harder to do so with less and less permission given from landowners. I am looking to get into some more backcountry hunts by foot and it seems like you are as well. I am also just getting me feet wet in the art of archery hunting as I have always rifle hunted and wanted to try something new. I have lots of gear and am willing to put on the miles. anyway PM if you are interested.