Thread: Shooting.......
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 06:42 PM

Cool Shooting.......

Well finally hit up my first shoot. It was put on by the boys from Shaw Taxidermy. It was an outdoor 3D shoot with 3 stations with 3-5 targets and 2-3 different shooting spots. Ranges from 13-54yrds iirc. Only hit one tree on a difficult shot with the standing bear, and lost 1 arrow at the 100yrd pot shot..... waaayyyy short lol.

Today I was at the range to get my 60pin dialed in finally. shooting was going great. Then towards me shuttin er down I was consistantly shooting left. I didnt change my sight hoping that my shooting was going down hill due to shooting so much the last couple days. The only thing thats got me stumped is the grouping was pretty tight, only to the left of where I was shooting. My thinking is if my shooting was going to crap from alot of shooting I would be all over the place.

My sight is tight I dont think I changed up in my form at all. Im going to give it a few days rest then go back, but im just wondering if your poi changes as you shoot??

Also a few side notes lol. I did very well shooting at 60 for the first time, I was actually surprised lol. Shooting at around 10yrds is actually alot tougher then it looks as far as shooting where you want to be. Shooting from 50-60 I found the arrow drops quite a bit over those 10yrds. I also want to add a couple pins to my sight, Not so much for shooting animals at distance, but for shooting targets. Shooting at extended ranges is pretty intense lol. Also as a last lil side note, Im glad I started into archery!! I wish I woulda joined the club sooner!!

I would like to thank Dshaw for the invite! It was alot of fun and cant wait to go back! Maybe ill have some elk burgers to bring next year lol