View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 08:28 AM

Put me down for a yes I am in favor.

IMO, there is no perfect system. If you are 999ing for a future hunt, then that comes at the cost of buying a certificate every year. Is it a cash grab, yes it is. If you don't like the system. then get out of the sport. Personally I spend more on a coffee, than on a certificate, on my way to work.

Over the years, people have gotten out of hunting for numerous reason(s).

You can add this to the list of reasons: shrinking access, gun registration, public grazing land access, OHV vehicles, lack of shooting ranges, cost of tags, lack of tags, butcher shops closing down, cost of fuel, dirty camp-sites, cost of equipment...etc (if you are an AO member you have read them all).

The way it is now is, you have one certificate for all your draw selections. I would HATE to see moving forward, that with every species you are applying for that you have to purchase separate certificate for each one.....It could be worse....!

Everyone has a line in the sand to cross and this 999 line may or not be yours....? I hope not....
Good luck

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.