View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevDawg View Post
I've been researching the hell out of new rifles.
My budget is under $2000
I've come down to a Tikka t3x, Browning Hells Canyon or Weatherby Vangurard.

Pretty much every article or forum post I read has complaint in some way about the Browning and Weatherby but no one seems to have a bad thing to say about the Tikka.

Are Tikka's really that good?
Is it worth the extra $$ to go up to a Sako?

Thanks in advance for your opinions & input.
^Yes, and probably. I recently sold a very accurate heavy barrel Savage and a Ruger semi auto so that I could get a Tikka T3x Varmint in .204. Zero regrets so far. Sub MOA using factory ammo, I'm now working up loads. The trigger on mine was a little heavy even after dialing it all the way down...so I replaced the trigger spring with a Yo Dave. Easy job/big improvement, about $15 expense. lol The Tikka trigger breaks so cleanly from the factory that an aftermarket/drop-in was no temptation.

I've shot a Sako Varmint in .223, I don't think there is a nicer, factory rifle than that...and I once owned a Cooper. For my needs, I don't believe the extra $ for a SAKO would improve the accuracy OR shooting experience at all. I don't see how it could. No denying the SAKO is superb, but the Tikka is a remarkable gun for the money. I should have made the switch some time ago, but really digging this rifle.