View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 08:12 AM

Default Don’t give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by urban rednek View Post
They also like to insert moles to monitor relevant discussions by non-member organizations. If the "sheep" show any inclination to organize against the Greens agenda prior to implementation, the infiltraitors initiate seemingly innocent discussion using subversive statements that are intended to cause confusion and dissension. Keeps people off balance and unsure of their position.
Go look up the BHA podcast thread from last year for further details.

As for the Bighorn Public Land Proposal? It is going to happen as fast as the existing government can push it through; the survey is a waste of time, our opinion doesn't matter.
Don’t give up yet. Once it’s gone, it may never be back and you will kick yourselves later. The statements earlier by some folks about access to our Backcountry by the ultra fit or rich is very valid. I’m one of those guys that NEEDS to use an OHV to get to places where I can stage and walk from. My knee currently won’t likely allow me to backpack a full camp in 30 kms anymore. I can do 10 though, so quadding in part way keeps my dreams to continue mountain hunting alive. I’m working on getting that fixed, but it’s not a given. I’ve always been against this proposal, but it sure opened up my eyes to what we are up against as we age. Our health is fickle and one injury will change your perspective on how bullet proof you really are. Not many folks have the resources to keep or have access to a string of horses- they aren’t cheap and it’s not that simple. Don’t forget our seniors and disabled- who is fighting for them? Should they have to hire an outfitter or helicopter to access the Backcountry?

From an environmental protection standpoint, this is totally unnecessary. The current designated trails in the PLUZ are very restrictive now, all we need is more enforcement to ensure there is not abuse. Don’t fall for the talk about this being the next Willmore. That’s not what their end game is. At best, it would be “Edmonton’s Kananskis”. I for one don’t want to see this area commerciallized to that extent. If you complete the survey, you will get a feel for what they are targeting.

Email your MLA, Jason Kenny, Shannon Phillips and keep the emails. Attend the “consultation” meetings, and for sure fill out the survey! The data will always be there whether the current government uses it or not. At that very least it will be of use for the UCP if they are elected in 2019, and will be key data in the case of a court challenge. I believe there is a precedent now for a challenge. The Northern Gateway Pipeline was stalled due to lack of consultation with stakeholders (Indigenous groups). This process is more rushed and very obviously excluding some key stakeholders. This one affects many industries and many user groups now and the motivation and backing exists for a court challenge to this. It’s well beyond restricting OHV use now.

On Facebook, there are two groups dedicated to sharing info on the current situation. Look up “This is my Nordegg- Advocating for the continued Public Land Use Zone”, and “Coalition of Albertans for Pubkic Land Access- CAPLA”. Check them out.

Our opponents also have Facebook pages, seek them out and share your views with them too.