View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 07:51 PM

Default Clutch Bearing

Quote:
Originally Posted by slough shark View Post
I don’t recall if pins fell out but after looking at some YouTube videos I don’t recall taking off the washer or E clip, don’t recall much of anything about the bearing, to be honest I’ve never had to dig that far into the machine so I didn’t know too much about all the specifics. I’m learning a lot on this thread along with my research online. There isn’t any part of the bearing in what they gave back to me, nor was there any mention of the bearing in our discussion although that seems to be an integral part of what happened here. I will be having some more discussions with the dealer and stihl about this because it’s looking like the bearing failed completely, perhaps disintegrated and caused the clutch to overheat and break.
Yes, if it’s not with the parts then I’d say it totally disintegrated causing the clutch to fail. It doesn’t surprise me either that the dealership missed it too, some of them probably don’t get that far into a saw very often and if it wasn’t there to begin with probably wouldn’t think about it. If I remember right the owners manual does not have maintenance intervals for greasing the bearing so I’d say your saw should be under warranty IMO. Good luck with that though....