View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 224MV View Post
Yes they will run, it acts like you ran out of bar oil (chain comes to a fast stop when you let the throttle). They start “bogging” down when you give it some throttle. The more the bearing fails the more friction. I’ve replaced a few but never seen it take out a clutch. I usually manually roll my chain over on my saws after I tighten the chain or sharpen it. If something is not right you’ll know.

Do you remember if there was any needles missing in the bearing when you first took it apart?
I don’t recall if pins fell out but after looking at some YouTube videos I don’t recall taking off the washer or E clip, don’t recall much of anything about the bearing, to be honest I’ve never had to dig that far into the machine so I didn’t know too much about all the specifics. I’m learning a lot on this thread along with my research online. There isn’t any part of the bearing in what they gave back to me, nor was there any mention of the bearing in our discussion although that seems to be an integral part of what happened here. I will be having some more discussions with the dealer and stihl about this because it’s looking like the bearing failed completely, perhaps disintegrated and caused the clutch to overheat and break.