View Single Post
Old 11-11-2013, 08:37 PM

Default culvert set

While checking some gear Sunday I noticed some open water on each side of road,there are 2 large ponds, one on north side and the other on south side, so I pulled over to have a look see,have permission to trap on north side of road,there happened to be about a 3-4 foot culvert running from one side to other, as I took a swallow of coffee I noticed a wake come from under the ice, then another and another, saw 8 different ones in a matter of a minute, so got out and had a look see, went down and watched rat after rat come and dive to bottom of culvert and swim inside, well well could it be any more obvious, so having numerous colony traps in back of my GMC, I proceeded to cover the whole bottom of that culvert, took 5 to do the job,well I was catching them rats before I even got last colony in the water, did first check tonight, landed a baker's dozen nice good sized rats, total fur count so far 95 rats and a fox, putting out coyote gear soon, can't wait, in meantime love the rat game, will hit the triple digits for rats tomorrow Happy Trapping Peter