View Single Post
Old 12-24-2018, 07:46 AM

Since Zip is now locked, loaded and California Dreamin' I figured I best pick up the slack and keep this thread alive.

Made it out yesterday on Sylvan, fished in 3-5 FOW. Bty day crisp cool and not a breath of wind. Made it on the ice and setup by by 7:45 and had my first fish, a nice white on the ice inside the first minute!

It was still too dark to see down the hole so needless to say I was pleasantly surprised.

The whites kept coming quickly and they were aggressive. Had one shy of my limit by 9:30.
Even though I was fishing in shallow water they were fiesty so the last one took until 2pm to cap off my limit. Lost a total of 6 fish (5 at the hole and a few tanks!).

My "test patterns" worked well today particularly the brass double hook with white beads early morning. They were chasing it hard no hesitation just fly right in and smack!

After sun rise and as it got past 11am traffic slowed and I needed to use the smallest size Sebile Vibrato jig in emerald shiner pattern 8" below the orange and black grub to attract and excite them to bite.

A great day on the hardwater for sure.

Back to work today and then 2 days of fishing for this guy!

More to come...

Cheers,

Scott.