View Single Post
Old 12-20-2018, 09:06 PM

Dec 20th – My Last Day

Had an early appointment at Bank arranging wire transfers in US funds is a PITA! On the way home noticed 2 groups anchored in an area I planned to fish. It was mid-morning, so I decided to try “Calvin’s Spot” on RR23, we met Calvin about five or more years ago, he had lots of seniority (80’s), traveled light, sat on 5 gal pail with a canvas tarp draped over his head and stared down the hole with a stick for a rod and line wrapped around it, he out fished Scott & I, using a Yellow/Bronze Candy Cane W/W. I saved his spot in my GPS and wondered today if Calvin was still with us, hope he is because I had an awesome day, nothing went wrong, Whites were aggressive in 5 fow over weeds/sand mix, didn’t lose any in the hole and one even hooked itself while I was enjoying some tea & banana. My fishin buddy prohibits me from bringing a banana on his boat, something about bad luck, not today. I was fishing this area on Dec 12, the Whites were chasing dark colors on a bright sunny day, recall the pic’s of the White’s eating their own eggs, same area. Today is was a dull cloudy morning and the whites didn’t show much interest in dark brown or black, they really wanted the Candy Cane wraps & inhaled them deep, needed plyers to remove more than 1 hook. Got home just after 1:30 pm, was cleaning my fish, found the largest was stuffed with some interesting food/forage one of the caddis larva was still crawling away trying to escape. When they said Friday was going to see 60-90 km/h wind I decided to pack it up for the season, the last 10 days have been fun fishin Sylvan, Gull not so much.

Now it’s time to get organized/packed after X-Mass were driving to Phoenix then Palm Springs returning mid-April.

Trust you enjoyed the pic’s and my stories/adventure, wish everyone here all the success during the hard water season.

Cheers

David

Tea & Banana Time

4/5 on Y/O Candy Cane the Largest was on the Brown/Orange shown below.

A couple are my Largest Whites this Year.

Dr. David’s Autopsy – Interesting Buffet/Eats

Edit: Doesn't that make you want to get a snack!

Last edited by Zip-in-Z; 12-20-2018 at 09:13 PM.