View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Gone Hunting

Was it a Colt carbine with an insignia on it? Could it be used as an assault rifle as well as crowd control?

Years ago on a hunt in the Cariboo in B.C. buddy and I were to meet at noon for lunch at a lake in the area. When I got there he was already there and had to visitors.

I worked my way around the end of the lake through the skeg and both my horse and I were muddied some.
The two visitors began giving me a bunch of unsolicited advice on how I could have avoided getting muddy simply by doing this or that. They went on to tell me they were both expert guides and ere out for a ride to scout the area for some 'merican clients.

We shared coffee and lunch with them and they continue to offer tips and advice on horses, hunting, the wildlife I the area etc. When they finally mounted up and left we could here them for about 20 minutes as they cussed their horses and broke branches.

Another 20 minutes brought them back to retrieve the rifle one had left leaning up against a tree. He never said a word. Simply dismounted, got the rifle and got back on his horse. He was a little red faced.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand