View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpppark View Post
Thats my childhood right there. Hop on bikes in the a.m. with some grub, matches and some smokes and be gone all day. Building forts, playing cowboys and Indians with pellet guns, smoking, lighting fires and roasting garlic sausage. Down to the creek and build rafts, learning to swim when you fell off. We all carried knives and usually BB and pellet guns. When we ran out of ammo we chucked rocks, we had pretty good arms and unlimited energy. My grandkids now are pussified nintendo playing sucks. I wont tolerate it when they come to visit, its outside and we invent our own fun till the sun goes down....hopefully they learn something.

Well I must of raised my city slicker kids right. Mind you, we spent every weekend out at my bush quarter while they grew up.

Talked to my daughter today. They just moved out on an acreage, one neighbor next door, the next one two miles away.

She was telling me how she told her kids last night that it was movie night and all 3 of them, the 10 year old, 4 old and 2 year old complained because they wanted to go play outside.

She then told me that my 10 year old grandson and the next door neighbors kid who is the same age decided that they're going to take the bikes and my daughters black lab and the neighbors golden retriever for a bike ride down to a wilderness area nearby.

I told her that is exactly what boys should be doing... Being out with their dogs in the country.

Yep, those city slicker kids off mine learned well. It's the way it should be.