View Single Post
Old 04-03-2015, 09:23 PM

Default I think

I was about 8 or 9 when I got one, and put it in my "book bag" for school. I remember that it was much cooler to sharpen one's pencils with your own knife than to use the dreaded sharpener affixed to the teacher's desk in the classroom. I carted it, and its successors, to school and everywhere else for many years. And it gutted many brook trout, amongst its other feats.
Hell, I still have the last one of those (45 ish years old?) in amongst my fishing gear. I can imagine what would happen now if one of my offspring pulled it out to sharpen their pencil in a classroom - well, I guess they have "mechanical pencils" - but ...?
Then again, a bunch of us 11-12 year olds borrowed all the parents' saws, axes, and the like, to build our own log cabin in the woods near our homes, back in the day. And they were pretty impressed with the product - it included a stone and masonery fireplace (which crumbled rather quickly due to our lack of expertise, but...?). They would probably all be subjected to having us put in foster care, due to their neglectful attitudes, in this time (?).
I have a much more "agressive" folding knife that resides in the case that I carry to work every day - just an ultimate hedge against any fool that wants my wallet, or...?