View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
No marky, these threads have educated anyone who was willing to accept the facts. The friction comes from the people who think of these threads as a promotional gig rather than an informational thread.

Nobody said you have to buy a Grendel or a Creedmoor, they all started out as highlighting the ballistics of 6.5 projectiles and the actual terminal performance of such cartridges in this caliber.

Stinky has been posting facts, then guys like yourself blow what’s said way out of context and turn it into a “wimpy mans gun vs a manly mans gun” argument.

It’s been said many times, if you don’t like the topic of the thread then move onto another one instead of trolling and causing grief.

I did a lot of research before I bought a Creedmoor and still learned more from these threads, as I’m sure a lot of members have learned a thing or two from them whether they’d like to admit it or not.
The problem with the facts is the data gets skewed one direction if you don't look at the physics involved. A 5% change in velocity has a greater affect than a 5% change in mass. I could care less what caliber being compared as I am not partial to any caliber. I just want people to look at the correct data. It's is easy to say a 55.4% change in recoil only gives a 5.4% change in velocity. 55.4% to 5.4% looks like minimal gains when you look at the percentages. Convert it to a meaningful number which is energy and then the data starts to paint the real picture. Sure the Creedmoor has more bang for the recoil but it will not outperform a magnum that is putting out much higher energy into the animal.