View Single Post
Old 08-15-2022, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken3134 View Post
Thought I would start a thread and ask the question to get some ideas on what some folks are doing to exercise their higher energy hunting dogs during cold winter days? I have a 1 year old English Springer spaniel who is definitely in the higher energy category. He has calmed down as he's getting older and better trained, but I am somewhat dreading how I'm going to keep him exercised in the winter time particularily on very cold days. I take him for walks of course, trips to the dog park, and some good rounds of frisbee, but that gets difficult once its past -20 outside. Any ideas or experience to share is appreciated!

Thanks!
Ken
I walked my dogs on all but the very coldest days (-30). Get a rubber frisbee, keep them moving and stay off of concrete or pavement, it is very cold on there paws. I will say if the wind chill is to much for you it is too much for them. Both my dogs loved bucking deep snow. They are both eleven now and don't enjoy outings in the cold anymore so we limit it, but when they were young they were happy as clams.

Thomas Sowell