View Single Post
Old 07-16-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattthegorby View Post
Hey Wildbill, if you are interested in understanding the why behind safe injection sites just Google "Harm Reduction" to read about the philosophy behind it.

Safe injection sites are not about a place for junkies to go party - they are an an intervention meant to keep severe addicts alive who would otherwise be shooting up in an alley. Safe injection sites are also about keeping the streets safer for everyone and building relationships with addicts that can eventually lead to other treatment options.

That being said, I so not know the dollars and cents argument for Safe Injection sites and how that money could be used for additional rehab programs, but I do know that the threat of jail time means nothing to a severe addict, there is also no shortage of drugs in jail, and it costs you and me a crap load to lock someone up.

Matt

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Sometimes philosophy just doesn't work out, because it ignores Human Nature. It's known as Naivety. Trudeau passes out free money to everyone and ODs go through the roof. Unintended consequences.

Grizz

Last edited by Grizzly Adams; 07-16-2020 at 08:46 AM.