View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 06:02 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Define purist...

I shoot my bow nearly everyday all year round. Which bow I shoot varies on the season, indoor target/3d/field/hunting. I compete locally, provincially, nationally and rarely internationally...because I enjoy the sport, the culture, the community, and the people. I help out locally at an archery shop working on the odd bow and helping answer questions. I help organize a shoot or two a year. I choose to hunt with a bow all season, because I enjoy the up close and personal aspect and the end game doesn’t NEED to happen. I am quite selective when it comes to some species and others fill my freezer (partially because of my wife’s taste in wild game).

If that makes me a purist...go ahead and place that label on me, I have been called worse. I wouldn’t call myself that, I would just say I have a passion for archery.

LC
a person who adheres strictly and often excessively to a tradition Is a purist....sorry lefty your credentials have you over qualified but if I have a problem with the ol'bow I will source your skill sets out to get me back in the field....when I brought it in for an upgrade as in a peep sight, new sights and arrow rest the young fella had to play with the bow to adjust my draw length do to the fact I also went to a release....asked me a few times if I would like an upgrade as in a new boy...nope this fills the freezer and has put a few heads on the wall.

poor Op I bet he/she checks out the biggest derailed thread in history but at the same time probably has a chuckle or two.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...