View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
While you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I prefer to side with facts and the unfortunate reality of human natures darker side. If bans work so well, please explain to me the 40 shootings in 'gun controlled' Chicago on Sunday Aug 5th, all before noon. The reason these criminals are so bold is that they fear no retribution due to the fact that the law abiding public are all unarmed. Of course there is also the density of their ghettoes: for lots of crime, one needs lots of criminals.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...804-story.html

The reality is that bad people will always be bad, regardless of what laws or societal norms dictate. Assaulting and killing people is already unlawful and socially unacceptable to the vast majority of humanity, people taking away other peoples inherent right to self-defence in order to appease their own personal squeamishness about being armed is frankly idiotic. If a person doesn't want to carry a pistol or a pocket knife that's fine, they can be free to do so. I do have a problem with people wanting to impose their beliefs on others right to self defence though.

If you really want to do something about violence in Canada, pressure your government representatives to do something about the justice system. We'll never be safe under the current catch & release program while the repeat offenders are getting bolder and more violent due to being under the influence of opioids. Wonder why we read about more and more shootings by the police, this is it. My numerous police friends echo this, they have to deal with these degenerates on a daily basis. The retention rates of police and EMS are suffering due to having to constantly deal with these junkies and the police get further frustrated by the bureaucracy and the idiocy of the courts constantly tossing these cretins back out among us. How would you feel? What do you think the long term fallout of such frustrations will be as it applies to police staffing and quality? I propose an elected judiciary where they actually have some type of an oversight placed upon them by the public rather than their own inner circle of cronies.

Considering you brought it up, as far as stupid remarks go, do you not realize that the police determined that the shooter wanted to target someone else, perhaps a fellow bad guy who happens to drive the same/similar vehicle as the victims rental, or perhaps the victim resembled the intended target? The local RC's probably have a good idea of who the intended target was based on the tourist's vehicle make, model & color. Either way the shooters actions are highly illegal and made worse by the fact that he shot an innocent rather than a fellow criminal. Thankfully the guy only had a little pop gun .22lr or this would have been much worse (my assumption based on the bullets limited penetration and a news report noting police referring to a 'small calibre').

I don't know how the victim is doing other than that he's survived, but I am concerned for their long term well being. I was happy to hear that the German Consul took the step to open a GoFundMe for the benefit of the victim. Depending on the severity of his injuries this could be absolutely life changing, especially if he's the sole family breadwinner.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4372506/g...-shot-alberta/
This response is excellent !! Thank you Caber !