View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaayens View Post
Hi Randy,

I sent you some info by email... I'm being repetitive, but I don't like to leave the question hanging here.

I haven't seen a response to BHA's letter. If people want to get involved both BHA and AFGA are against the closures. I'm really disappointed that TUC is on board with the closures as I don't think the majority of their membership supports it and I suspect that it will hurt the organization in the long run.

Dean
To date, there has been no response to our letter. We are gearing up for the next step, as it's been made abundantly clear that AEP knows they are on shaky ground, and are counting on anglers to sit back, and not say anything.
This may work perfectly well for those anglers that aren't directly impacted, but it is setting a precedent for the department, regardless of what political party is sitting at the top.

Anglers need to support groups that are actively fighting the closures (BHA and AFGA), as well as sending individual messages to the AEP ministers office, outlining specific concerns with the plan, many of which we have covered in our letter.

https://www.backcountryhunters.org/a..._recovery_plan

If you aren't concerned about these closures, you should be. The next ones could target your favorite watershed, using the exact same rationale.