View Single Post
Old 10-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefisher2885 View Post
I never went there at all, but you did, so lets go! If we are going to start counting how many deer each hunter as found with bow wounds as compared to rifle wounds you really aren't going to like the outcome. Do I need to start by talking about how many rifle shot animals I've found with shots nowhere near the kill zone? Because I'll tell you right now its a hell of a lot more than the number of deer I've found with arrows in their ass, which is a grand total of 1! Its a simple numbers game, one hell of a lot more bullets get flung at deer each year then arrows - therefore, based simply on math, one hell of a lot more deer are going to be wounded by bullets than arrows.

Your arguments just don't hold any water. They are considering a draw because the 15% is being met in some areas? Well no kidding, I already said that. I also said that if the 15% is being met then the season should go to draw. What about the areas (which is most areas) that it 15% is not being met? Bottom line, you guys are complaining about the length of the bow season, but can't provide a reason as to why it should be shortened outside of arguing that its not fair.
atta boy!!!!...thats why I said we won't go there...but nope you couldn't stop. We as hunters have enough issues to deal with , without fighting amongst ourselves, right???....let it be... We, I am sure can find some common ground where everyone is relatively happy and the game is at a sustainable level for everyone....and as a hunter in East Central, believe you me, I KNOW what happens when they close a zone, and leave some open....it ain't pretty....doesn't work.....