View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
the new gun control bill may not seem very harmful to personal freedom now, but it does provide an opportunity for an overbearing government or political head of state to overreach their authority in the future. designating the RCMP bureaucracy as the sole arbiters of what is legal or not is unacceptable in a democracy. remember the High River gun grab? now the totalitarian principled brass in the RCMP can rule with impunity. leaving this with a personal observation... the countries which have the best personal freedoms and living standards also provide the easiest access to firearms.
I am in complete agreement with all except your characterization of the totalitarian brass in the RCMP as "principled'.

I submit that

"You should also be a member;
CCFR
CSSA
NFA"
I am quite encouraged by the forceful work being done by all these organizations, but they cannot do it alone.

I further submit that, we are wasting our time and energy advocating writing letters to controlled MPs (who do not care),
or the CMSM (controlled main-stream media), or their controlled polls,
(or 'preaching to the converted', in a dying echo chamber,)
rather we need to provide both volunteer and financial support to those best able to defeat both Liberal and NDP candidates.

We need to vote like our rights depend on it.

Good Luck, YMMV.