View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 09:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered user View Post
I had to quit home brewing as l found l was drinking way too much. Still grow my own Sterling and Kentish Goldings, l may venture back into the hobby. If l do l will use a Grainfather, never heard of such a thing before reading this excellent thread.
I have nothing but praise for the Grainfather system.If you decide to buy one I suggest Everwoodave brewshop.They stock the grainfather as well as replacement parts for it.The price is $1049 + GST and they offer flat rate shipping.You can pick one up for as low as $799 in the USA but with the exchange rate and duty + shipping it will end up costing you more.

The only system that is comparable to the grainfather is the Braumeister.It is essentially the same type of system which is a Recirculating Infusion Mash System.German made and the quality is superior and it is much easier to use but it requires 220 volt power and the price is $2400 in US currency.With the exchange etc call it $3500 canadian.

I wish the grainfather had been on the market when I got into the hobby of brewing as I would have bought one no questions asked.

FTH