View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Lever View Post
Not much "building" going on. I'd guess that 90% of them were out of the box 700 with a bead blasted finish, black stock, and heavy 20" barrel in .308.

Remington does (or did?) make a "Police" with long barrel, parkerized finish, better stock and bedding and the 40x trigger.

Probably most of the guns don't even have adjustable stocks, and I highly doubt anyone wants the liability of doing trigger work on something like that. If anyone has contrary information, though, I'd like to hear it.

No accurizing is needed. Similar to hunting, the average distance is around 50 yards, and the vast majority of shots are under 100. Despite what movies show.

In short, a great deal of us have a rifle just like that at home. At this point, maybe some strict new restrictions on their favourite deer or target rifle might shake some Fudds up.

While we're at it, because we hear about how we should shut up about our hunting practices near daily on here; maybe we should not tell about our "long distance" shots. Sarcasm, by the way.

This was a long time coming, and a dark, angry part of me hopes that gun owners who voted in the selfie stick, really feel it.
By being "built", I mean built whether by a gunsmith, or by a large manufacturer. And anything that looks tactical will be the first ones that the antis go after, features like brakes or large scopes with turrets, will draw extra attention from the antis. But once the tactical looking rifles are gone, the bolt action hunting rifles will be next.