View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photoplex View Post
If it was true that Burbot was not a game fish, it would come under the section here of "Non-game fish - no restriction on the numbers kept", but it doesn't. It clearly states that there's a province wide limit of 10 burbot.

I find it odd none of you knew this! There was a thread over the winter about those hundreds of burbs someone found on the ice, and they couldn't understand why there was no restriction on wasting burbot.

I can't find the thread now, but I think the consensus was that Burbot is/was viewed as a nuisance/pst fish.
im not arguing with you and i remember the thread as well but perch are also a nuisance fish. they are considered game fish. "I find it odd that you didnt know this!" any fish that threatens the balance of the ecosystem is a nuisance fish. your post carried no valid point. in regards to it being a non-game fish- no restrictions....... maybe the province recognizes a desire for this non-game fish and there for imparted a catch limit on a non-game fish so everyone can catch them or possible so people cannot retain enough of them to turn around and sell the meat without a licence.