View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
I have several Kuiu pieces as well as a few First Lite pieces and I’m very happy with them. I have a set of First Lite merino 2 piece long underwear as well as a puffy jacket, and several kuiu pieces including the attack pants, Yukon jacket and pants, guide jacket, down jacket, 145 merino zip tee, socks, Chugach rain gear, guide beanie, merino beanie, gloves and probably some other stuff too. I think kuiu gear is excellent quality for the price and the First Lite gear is top notch as well, although I find the First Lite merino wool to stretch over time as it gets wet with sweat or after being worn for a few days.

Personally I like merino wool for base layers, the First Lite puffy and maybe a fleece insulation layer, and the guide or Yukon jacket as an outer layer. I’m still on thsure search for a really good set of winter gloves (possiblybthe first Lite grizzly or the kuiu northstar), but other than that I’m pretty much ready to tackle anything.
Best gloves you could ever buy are mittens,lol....not kidding.