View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 10:26 AM

I know a few guys who have switched from the standard rest to the whisker biscuit and said it damaged fletching.....

(SOMETIMES)The reason is, the knocks on your arrows need to be turned 180 degrees...

On a normal rest, your odd color fletching points straight down to pass through the fingers....

On a whisker biscuit, there are stiffer bristles on the bottom for the arrow to rest on...the rest of the bristles are softer....your odd color fletch needs to stick straight up so all the fletching passes through the soft bristles and not through the hard ones on the bottom.....

If you go to have arrows done up at a shop...tell them your shooting a whisker...also check your arrows at home....

It seems most of us novice shooters (including myself) go with the whisker to stay with the KISS rule....but miss out on this little detail.....

I have noticed on my older arrows that a wave has developed in the fletching.....even though everything is set up properly...but those arrows have probably been through the bow at least 250 times just practicing, I don't use those specific arrows for hunting....