View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 05:54 AM

Red face Mikisew Sportfishing

Sent a quick note to the Mikisew Group of Companies to check on the operational status of Mikisew Sportfishing and got a reply saying simply "Sorry we are not operating". Very sad news for my wife and I.
Does anybody have any information on what the status are of their leases? Certainly, they cannot not just be left to rot. Do they have to clean them up? Can the leases sit empty and for how long? How long are these leases typically? Of course this only applies to the camps which are leased and not the ones on band land.
We absolutely love Ryan Lake and would be very interested in whether or not someone else is interested in running it. I'll be your first customer if you like, you know, some sort of 'early booking discount'.
Had a wonderful time up at Bocquene Lake last year, but I would sure love to pay another visit to Ryan Lake. Maybe our sponsors at www.andrewlakelodge.com could step in and take over some of Mikisew's camps. I've been in to at least see most of their camps and I cannot believe that someone, even in this economy, can make these viable businesses and if someone is looking for someone to sit up there all summer 'keeping an eye on things' I'll volunteer.
Just thought I'd pass along the update as people begin to make summer plans. Take care and a belated Happy New Year, George.
P.S. I want to go back here.