View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 11:16 AM

Default Shot placement

Age is irrelevant. Experience is tantamount. Read into what I wrote. It was to say that I was older but had also done some hunting. In defence of what some on here who made disparaging comments on age and old calibre/bullet technologies.

Equanuck.
Dangerous game is dangerous game. Doesn't matter how many guides you have there. I killed a Brown Bear at 20 yards while wading down a salmon stream. The bear just walked out on a sand bar and stared us down. Was my guide less of a guide for putting me in that situation? It certainly was a bad spot to be in. I'll be sure to pass on what your ruling on this is.

Let me ask the folks on here. Anyone ever lose a animal shot thru the lungs and or heart? I know I never have. Ever.
I have had animals shot in the shoulders leave town tho. Never to be seen again. People ask where I think we should aim on dangerous game, I say what I think based on experience. I know my Alaska Brown Bear guide has had trouble with the shoulder shots too.

If anyone on here wants to shoot for shoulders, be my guest. Have at it. Makes not whit of difference to me. But sooner or later you will lose a big game animal. It's not going to be any different than what I have experienced. Old geezer or not.