View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy17 View Post
So far I've only shot a few rounds at 10 yards at Jim Bows after they set up the rest and the anchor site and a few more times when i got home.

I found the stock rest that came with my bow allowed the arrow it potentially "bounce around" or "catch a fletch" when shooting. There were a few times shooting my original rest where I could hear a fletch catch, didn't happen often, maybe 2 or 3 times but so far haven't had any problems with the QAD.

I made some adjustments when I got back to my house and definitely shooting tighter groups. I'll be going out on monday morning to SPFGA to shoot some more at long range so I should get an even better idea.
anchorsight tip, draw your bow cold first time, eyes closed, several times a day and the idea is to have that anchorsight adjusted to when you open your eyes it's bang on....set to your natural anchor position

then you start moving pins and dialing in...

if your string starts to stretch you'll know as it's no longer lining up properly, or you'll know something else may be wrong too but it will show you that

when you see how the anchorsight and your pins match each other in terms of visibility into the last minutes of legal light you'll be very impressed and glad you've given this a try

yes you'll shoot tighter groups, lots notice that right away, but in time and use your speed to shot sequence will be faster also (again, a benefit to hunting), combined with that low light advantage also....the anchor sight is an awesome tool for hunting!

you're as good as your practice with your equipment. two equal hunters with peep vs anchorsight and equal proficiency, the anchor sight user will be faster to shot sequence and also do it right until end of legal light like light almost isn't an issue anymore