View Single Post
Old 10-26-2016, 01:35 PM

How do you drive down the highway without having your head explode.
You have no idea if any of the other drivers around you have a valid license, or have the requisite skill set to do the right things. Maybe the other driver is under the influence, of drugs or alcohol?

Now take that scenario, and apply it to a new hunting partner........

I work in an industry where we have things called a "guarantee of isolation". This is where a person you likely have never met, who may be many miles away, has performed a requested action upon a high energy system. This person then reports to a person in a control centre that they have performed said action, and left the system in a desired state. That control centre person then will inform me that these steps are done, and will the guarantee me that things are isolated. Wanna talk trust, there's trust! Sure we use potential testers, and personal protective grounds in the commission of our work, but if the line or system wasn't isolated as prescribed, things get real bad real fast.

Nobody is saying go on a hunting trip with a person you've never met, like who would do that? Phone calls, coffee, wings, mutual friends need to happen first..........

This isn't necessarily for your benefit, but for the prospective partners as well.

There are no absolutes