View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
They will thin out a portion of the smaller carp but as for make a real impact. The carp are holding their own with pike and walleye which are much more predatory and capable of making an impact on even larger carp

As for the tigers they are a neat looking trout and would much rather see them stocked over rainbows. But out of the species stocked I have more respect for browns as they seem smarter/more challenging
I rather agree, a trout that has been engineered to be dumb sort of defeats the whole point, IMO.

Where I do think there is potential, if they were to stock tigers or browns for strictly C&R purposes in lakes alongside the rainbows. Then the trophy guys are happy, and the rest of us get a fish fry. Even in that scenario, I think browns make more sense than Tigers.

Now if they really want to controll the carp populations, I wonder if Tiger Muskies would be a viable option? Stateside in the north west they have been used in an attempt to erradicate unwanted species for eventual re-stocking.