View Single Post
Old 12-08-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cageyc View Post
I was in the same boat and got myself a 400fps Xbow. I bought 20” piledrivers and am not happy with them. I will be going to the manufacturers recommendation and will use 125 grain broadheads. I’m a believer in front heavy and I think I’ll get more speed and energy with the lighter arrow with the 125’s.
Good luck.
@Cagey did you chrony your 20" bolts?
Curious why you don't like them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
I am using three different arrows on my Excalibur crossbows:

Black Eagle Zombie Slayer cut to 17", 415 grs with a 175 gr NAP FOC Broadhead;

Carbon Express Maxima cut to 17", 420 grs with 175 gr NAP FOC Broadhead; and

BloodSport cut to 16", 415grs with a brass insert and a 150 gr Excalibur Boltcutter.

All these arrows will hit the 10 ring at 50 yards, every time, shooting off a bench rest.

My arrows are short and heavy because they work in Excalibur crossbows. crossbows. The NAP FOC mechanical broadhead opens to 3". Delivers a cut like a hatchet. A blind man can follow the blood trail.
@CNP I've only practiced to 20 yards but when I got a shot at a bull moose at 40 yards I center-punched his lungs. Perfect broadside shot.

The 3 blade Excalibur broadhead cuts a pretty small hole, seems to me, but the moose was dead in just 50 yards.
"Placed correctly Swift A-Frames will reliably kill big bears. So will North Forks, Nosler Partitions, Barnes TSX, Kodiaks, Woodleighs, GS soft points, Hornady Interbonds and Speer Grand Slams - and if I missed your favorite bullet -it probably will too.
It's time to go hunting and quit all this ballistic masturbation."

Phil Shoemaker

Last edited by Demonical; 12-08-2023 at 03:13 PM.