View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
This is much more serious than flying over some one's property. It looks like it is possible to bring down an aircraft on takeoff or landing. You may see them all banned and soon.
Respectfully I don't see a ban. Nothing in Canada is banned other than full auto weapons and mags that hold over 10 rounds. Oh and claymores ( ) and grenade launchers and blowguns and butterfly knives and ninja stars and suppressors. (I was going to say silencers but didn't want heads to blow off) All of these are weapons. Drones are toys.
Besides, Bestbuy, Staples, M&P drone stores, internet stores will never stop selling them, which means people will never stop flying them.
I talk to people all the time that fly drones, and some guys that half a year ago were talking about getting their SFOC's and insurance are now saying "catch me'.
One thing people forget about drones is that they have miles of range. You might think that it is your next door neighbor flying over your horses, but as long as the drone is in LOS you have control with any of the sub $1000 drones. That means that 5 miles away someone may be controlling it.
Where are the RCMP going to go to get it? I can sit in my truck and fly a drone miles away, which means there is a good chance I would never be found to prove it was me, IF I wanted to do so, but I personally do not.
Someone will grease some pockets, they will sponsor a Canadian drone company, there will be countless millions of dollars spent on Drones in the next few years and you can bet that The Libs will find a way to make money off them.
If drones get banned guns will be next. There are a hell of a lot more Anti-gun people out there, and look how far it has gotten them.
If you think hunting forums are big, you should check out drone forums.

Some interesting reading, took .00003 seconds on "the google"

Drones are also becoming an increasingly common holiday purchase, with sales jumping 445% in the 2015 holiday season.

Sales are expected to grow from 2.5 million drones in 2016 to 7 million in 2020—a 180% increase, according to a report from the Federal Aviation Administration.

The NPD group’s research also suggests that users tend to be more seasoned drone flyers, with 56% of people buying drones costing $500 or more.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....

Last edited by Ken07AOVette; 10-17-2017 at 04:41 PM.