View Single Post
Old 10-17-2017, 10:56 AM

Also, as an owner of many drones, I think every single time someone feels threatened they should file a complaint with Transport Canada.

The reason for that, and this is for the other drone owners, is when they are flooded with concerns for complaints about the very things they are telling people to report, and if they ever do investigate them they will realize that other than flying a drone through the 1/8" lexan windshield of a cessna 180 these things are not that dangerous.

Yes, they will cut your skin if you have direct contact with the spinning props. Yes they will dent a car if they fall from 400' up. MOST reasonable mature responsible owners are not the problem, it is the idiots on both sides. Garneau for his political posturing and whipping the public into a frenzy over the horrible dangerous drones and idiots that fly and hover over property not belonging to them.

10,000 unsubstantiated complaints per month will make for great numbers for Garneau, but when he has to answer as to how many caused personal injury or financial loss to anyone, I would bet he does not go into those stats.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....