View Single Post
Old 07-11-2019, 04:00 PM

Thanks. Used my wife’s Facebook to watch it.

So is the video the one with the cat? I thought there was more.

Not sure about this whole story. In the first video (rather it is the second one, the one linked in the first post of this thread), the guy says he was bathing his kids when he got a call from the cops. In the the cat video, him lying on the ground, he says that he was unloading the groceries with his wife and then was going to give a bath to the kids and take one himself. Also, he said he asked the wife to record when he went outside, where is that recording? Or is this the one? Doesn’t look like he is being recorded by someone, but himself (speculation).

I don’t hear the cops being rough, swearing and calling him names. Yes, one cop said “Don’t be a retard”. I agree, completely inappropriate. This guy called him a ***** though just a moment later. Pointing the gun at dogs? Well, have you seen the dog? Obviously, anyone in place of those officers would point their gun at it too.

He himself in the video said that he was told by the cops on the phone that someone said he was pointing a firearm at them. What were the cops were supposed to do? Hear him say “No, I didn’t and I don’t have a gun”, respond with “Oh, ok, cool. Sorry to bother you” and leave the scene? He seemed to be pretty uneasy , swearing himself (can’t blame him for being uneasy), trying to do something with the phone, etc. Where were the cops supposed to point their rifles? At the threats, which were him and the dog(s) in that situation (I don’t know where the wife was and what she was doing; I definitely didn’t hear any weeping or freaking out as he described her condition at some point in the video).

Hanging up the first time was also a dumb idea.

Also, one of the guys shooting gophers, appeared to say that cops didn’t even know they were there and weren’t ready for them. Maybe I understood it wrong. I took it from this article: https://globalnews.ca/news/5481958/s...WldzOIfoJVL-gY
Quote:
Cunningham said police were unorganized during the “nerve-racking” situation.

“They didn’t have a clue what they were doing. They didn’t even know we were there. They were so surprised, they weren’t ready to deal with us,” he said.

“I thought I was going to walk up to that officer and explain myself and everyone was going to go home and say, ‘Whew, that was crazy.’ I didn’t expect to go to jail.”
The cops didn’t know the gopher shooters were there, so they were definitely coming for the homeowner and/or whoever was inside the house. Then the dude hangs up on the cops when they ask him to come out with his hands up.

Anyway, doesn’t look to me like cops were in the wrong, aside from the retard part and I don’t know what happened with the fence there (the guy should be compensated if what he said actually happened).

Why was the brother inside for half an hour giving the kids a bath while being ordered to come out with his hands up? That sounds pretty ridiculous too.

The gopher shooter says he saw cops (probably with their rifles and pistols out) and thought he was going to go to them and explain everything, with his .22 in hands (speculation) and then laugh about it. Maybe one day he will grow up and laugh about how silly he was, if this is how the events, in fact, played out.

Like I said, strange story. We will see what happened with it. Overall, not enough facts are provided, except those by the statements from the cops. In the article I posted above, a cop talks more about the whole situation. The key player is the neighbour and what she said to the cops and if she really saw the gopher shooters were shooting in her main direction.

So far, the more light she’d on this, reveals to me that the cops did what they were supposed to do in the circumstances. Yes, retard part and broken fence is not one of those things they were supposed to do.

Also, I am not a cop, don’t have any cop friends/relatives/etc. I have been harassed by the cops myself, never by the RCMP yet (knock on wood).