View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 01:09 AM
Gone Hunting

My years of trapping are done, I have no dog in this fight.

Yet it saddens me to see what is happening to trapping these days.

With ever more registered lines going to non trappers looking for private hunting preserves while prices drop ever lower and costs climb, I worry that the life I loved may not last much longer.

I can appreciate the desire to self regulate, but it makes no sense if it goes the road that APOS took. And I have to say it looks to me like that is where this is going.

For me what is even more alarming is the way some here have responded to concerns.

Nasty below the belt comments and name calling were the tradmarks of those who have no Legitimate counter argument.

I really disappointed with you Brian, I expected more of you.

You may have good reason to dislike Dave or the stance he has taken but that does not justify the comments you made.

If we can't be civil with each other we will absolute get torn apart by the anti trapping sentiment in the general population.

Remember guys, this site is public, what we say can and often does show up on google searches.

What we say today can come back to bite us where it hurts, long after we forget what we said.

Sorry for preaching to you guys. I don't want to but even more I don't want to see trapping destroyed from the inside.

George Bernard Shaw