Thread: Sylvan
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 06:53 AM

Went out again yesterday. Very nice day! Big fish! I was fishing away out deeper before trying sight fishing. Started off a bit slow but really picked later morning. I was catching the usual size when about fish #4 I set the hook and it is real solid. Right away I was losing most of my fly line... hmmm . I just thought, nice walleye
As it got closer it was darting around so much I really thought I had hooked 2 whites, one on the lower and one on the upper hook. I guess I just couldn't convince myself that Sylvan had bigger whites. Once I realized I had a big one on I fought carefully but had one heck of a time to try and net it. A little too big
I started getting a big more aggressive on keeping the line tight and the hook finally pulled through ...sigh. I'm guessing 4.5 to 5 lbs. I know, kind of average for Pigeon but so rare on Sylvan. At least I got to fight it.

In the afternoon it got windier out so I explored the shallower west end. Scared a huge pike in 2 FOW and it came right out on top of the water. Holy monster! Caught lots of whites sight fishing.