View Single Post
Old 09-19-2020, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooter View Post
I’ve switched between Shaw and Telus over the years and right now we’re with Telus. Overall I’m happy with the service, but the deal you’ve mentioned almost seems too good to be true. Is this a special promotional thing for a limited time, or is this a standard offering?

Edit: I just did the math...at $10/GB I’d be paying more for my cell phone than I am now because I use about 8-10GB per month. With that said, I’m sure this Shaw deal would be perfect for those who don’t use much data.

The $10/gig for 90 days only makes sense for low volume users like my wife who won't use a gig in 90 days. Shaw also has a $45/m, 25 Gig of data deal. This new deal seems to be part of their standard offering. It has been around since late July. I thought it sounded too good to be true so asked lots of questions and between the answers and the paper work seems to be on the up and up. Phone switch over is $20, has to be done at a Shaw Mobile store in Walmart, Superstore etc. Took about 10 minutes to switch existing phone number from Kodoo to Shaw.

https://shop.shawmobile.ca/en-CA/plans