View Single Post
Old 12-02-2018, 03:21 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Parsons View Post
I agree with the idea that firearm technology has come along ways,,, better stock designs, a choice of different barrels, and all the recoil accessories to choose from.

One would think that lots of shooters take advantage of when they can,,, I know I did.

Another thing that aids us along the way is the reloading data,,, we can load hot for hunting,,, or kool things down in the off season,,, that way it saves on barrel wear and human parts. Ha.

Lots of options to choose from fore sure.

Find something that works and get at it, that's what really counts,,, big guns / small guns,,, and everything in-between.

Good times happen to people that find what there looking for.

Today is -10c hunting then plinking day,,, a little bit of everything to make the outting worth its while
I see big improvements in bullet design and improvements in selection options but not a lot in the rifles themselves.

I do see some improvements in the small game calibers, both in selection options and in performance. But little in the bog game category.

Sure there are a lot more calibers available in that class now, but I see minimal improvement in performance among them.
I don't call it an improvement when a new cartridge is so painful to shoot that it requires recoil reduction just to use it.

Of course recoil is indeed a function of other then case capacity or case design.

I agree with those who say that stock fit and rifle weight play a big role in felt recoil. And that there has been ground lost in those categories.

Too many manufacturers catering to novices chasing the new shiny.
Every company is pushing at least one new short or super short magnum mountain rifle. That's a recipe for bone rattling kick.

Company just arrive so I'll have to leave it at that

George Bernard Shaw