View Single Post
Old 06-16-2018, 01:33 AM

Agreed. I’ve bought lots of items where I’ve said something to the effect of “if it is as described will you take xx”. Usually this is because I’ve done my research, know that everything has issues, and include a buffer zone in my budget to account for issues. When I show up, quick once over to ensure it’s as described and off I go. Lots of times stuff has issues and a buyer never discloses everything. But time is money. On the flip, I usually disclose every single issue and price accordingly. If someone offers low, sure no prob. I agreed to a price and buddy shows up (as I’m receiving phone calls) only to want to negotiate further after a long test ride to tell me he needs to leave a deposit and come back tomorrow. What a pain in the butt, and the buyer is clearly not valuing my time - had he had cash in hand he probably would have gotten a better deal.

The best deals come from knowing your product, being honest about what you pay, and having your s*** squared away.

Recently I bought an RV. Got it for a song, one quick look around and told the guy I’d shovel his yard (bought in feb) and tow it away that day. Guy said everything worked, but it needed a water heater. Whatever, planned on having to replace at least one appliance. Couldn’t be happier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamsnacks View Post
As a seller I don't care if you offer me 20% of my asking price just don't waste my time doing it.
You send an email or text offering that low, I have the choice of either responding or simply saying no. Nobody loses.

But if you were to ask me a million questions or come test drive it and look it over just to throw me a number you had in mind way before you even seen the vehicle then that's when it really gets to me.

I don't think asking 75-80% is bad, but myself personally, I only go look at anything if I'm willing to pay for it full price and then whatever discount I get is extra or if I've already agreed on a lower price over the phone or text.

Best of luck with your search, also don't forget to check Facebook, their marketplace is slowing growing as well.