View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 11:36 PM

This thread, after having taken on a life of it's own(damn zombie threads), has actually become quite interesting. For EagleEye, who is looking out for my welfare when I cut into that first deer for gutting, I'll just let you know that I actually used to work in a cattle slaughterhouse, and have been chin-deep in blood and bile and all kinds of wonderful things. But I do appreciate the heads-up.

Also, having been doing some shooting with hand-loaded .308 rounds and a Remington 700 SPS that a friend of mine owns, I've worked my way up to just 200 rounds. Admittedly, these have all been fired from the bench, at short distances, but I'm definitely learning. I'm learning the basics of handloading(which I find interesting), although I haven't actually done any of it yet, and I've gained a lot of shooting experience. I feel great about my shooting to this point, although I'm only out to about 55-75 yards. I've also done some shooting with a .270 and a .30-06, but for some reason, I find myself coming back to that .308, perhaps simply because I'm more familiar with it, and it's easier for me to get out to fire it.

Now I guess there's no sense in me trying to close this thread again, so let me announce the grand re-opening, and let's just keep it clean, boys and girls.

Brad