View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 11:59 AM

Went grouse hunting on Friday. Saw one bird, got one bird. My buddy and his son had a deer/ elk tags, so we decided to hang around the cut line for a few hours. Nothing. Driving back to the grouse area and got lost taking a wrong turn. By that time it was too late and we decided to head home. All of the sudden, we see a huge black bear! The bugger run into the Bush when he saw the truck. I only had my .22 rifle but buddy and his 13y.o. Kid had their big guns. We parked the truck and they headed back where we saw the bear....
I was in the truck waiting. I heard the shot. Buddy comes back to the vehicle. The kid shot the bear! This was his first bear!
We drove back, it was getting really dark( he shot the bear 8 min before the legal time was up). Couldn’t see the bear , but buddy said he saw the bullet hit, for sure a lethal lung shot. Couldn’t see any blood on the road and couldn’t see past 20 yards from the road. Decided to head home and come back next morning. I had to work Saturday but buddy spent all morning looking for the bear... nothing!