View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 12:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
I must disagree edmhunter, charts and ballistic calculations are very meaningful. However, in the spirit of good sportsmanship and matter of gentleman I do agree on your means of settling this.

Therefore, I can provide Rman with a range only 5 minutes from my house out to 500 yards and a very good back stop. I can provide my chrono and if mine isn't suitable, then he is welcome to use his. I will also provide my long range Bullseye camera which records each and every shot in consecutive order. He can pick a nice sunny and windless day. He should bring his witnesses, I can also provide a couple more. Video of him shooting and video record on target. If he replicates not only the muzzle velocity of 2100ish FPS stated for 255 gr projectile and somewhat of a similar target to that which was previously provided, I will gladly offer public apology for my doubtfulness.
To me it's not a matter of Quantum Physics, the only real issue here is can you (meaning anyone in general) hit a target a 500 yards offhand. I have killed moose at that distance offhand with my 30-06 and Bausch and Lomb 4200 Rainguard Elite Scope, which I consider an inferior scope.

I look forward to this challenge myself and will participate and produce a video this summer doing same.

As far as pictures go, anyone can fabricate a picture and make all kinds of exaggerated claims (I am not saying that anyone has) but to me I need to see it on film. Even then I'll bet some people with try to dispute it. Just my two cents worth.

PS: With my Huskemaw, I will turn the turret to 500 yards aim and shoot with factory ammo, no charts no calculations, just SKILL!