View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM

Thanks Guys,

I've seen some wolf skulls with painted scenes as well, very beautiful and more value in our industry. I have one of those beavertail wallets and absolutly love it. Hopefuly we will have al on display at the Convention.

I see a posting from Jim Gibb updating us on the ongoing sale and one for beaver caster. Both look very promising, we may see a good sale in May yet. Appears there are lots of buyers and a very good turn out from China. Everyone is looking at the China market as the bright spot. Here's hoping!

Ann Hubbs, biologist with SRD, did a very good presentation last night in Drayton on quotas species. She explained how quotas are set and the research ongoing in that area. Ann pointed out the value of our management plans especially in the areas where species are expanding their ranges. This also provided local resident trappers an opportunity to communicate their observations directly to SRD. Excellent job here by Ann and Gary Godberson for making this happen.

I really liked the comment regarding the social aspect of spring beaver. Great opportunity to demonstrate our value. I grew up in the sugar woods of the east coast and see the industry that has grown from that. It can be one of the most beautiful experiences of a life time. There's something about spring that just makes you want to get outside.

We are still several days from any water in the Red Deer area. I see the owls have nested and a fox has taken up her den across the road. Heard a robin the other day but souldn't see him. Looks like nice weather next week and things will open up then.

Greg