View Single Post
Old 03-31-2009, 07:23 PM

I spoke to Lola at the ATA Store today and she advised she shipped 49 boxes of fur for the next sale. This is right on par with last year. Lola also advised NAFA will receive right up to the 20th of April. they will take all the fur she has.

I really enjoy this spring beaver season and find it is a good way to manage your beaver. I use a 330 on a run with alittle lure. I usually pick up the big male first and a couple of sub-adults. Seldom do I get the female in the first few days especially if I get an early start, just as the ice is coming off. Depending on how I've choosen to manage the colony, I will see what the first few days tell me. If the colony needs to be removed because of lack of habitat or location I will use a fresh cut poplar after a feew days of the lure.

Castors are selling really well and I think there will be a strong market, especially in beaver. As a trapper I find you need to be an optimist.

I travelled down to the BC Trappers Convention and they had a great trunout, great demonstrations and a wonderful supper. Great job guys/gals.

I know there are lots of US sites and other trapping sites across Canada but I am just looking for people with more of a local flavor. I am looking to network with real trappers or anyone with a real interest in our industry and to only discuss real trapping. I don't want to discuss politics and/or issues, leave your baggage at the door.

Greg McKinnon